Playlist load times

Fixed and closed topics
Locked
b00x
User
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:44 am

Playlist load times

Post by b00x » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:49 am

Hi,

I've looked around your site, and the forum's here, but found nothing in direct relation to what I'm worried about.

Seems the playlist is excessively slow to load on any browser I use, even from the machine running the web service.

Am I the only one? Or did I miss something in the readme? ;)

Any extra information/help on this would be appreciated. :)

Thanks & Regards,
b00x

User avatar
wbartels
netjukebox developer
Posts: 797
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Post by wbartels » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:45 am

Are you running Microsoft IIS with an ISAPI module (php4isapi.dll, php5isapi.dll)?

b00x
User
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:44 am

Post by b00x » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:14 pm

Nah, Apache/2.2.2 with PHP/5.1.4 on WinXP, and MySQL/5.0.x for the netjukebox DB.

User avatar
wbartels
netjukebox developer
Posts: 797
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Post by wbartels » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:30 pm

I can't reproduce your problem.
I have installed "XAMPP Windows 1.5.5" on a test system (configured as PHP 5.2).
This package contains:

Code: Select all

Apache HTTPD 2.2.3, MySQL 5.0.27, PHP 5.2.0 + 4.4.4 + PEAR + Switch, MiniPerl 5.8.7, Openssl 0.9.8d, phpMyAdmin 2.9.1.1, XAMPP Control Panel 2.3, Webalizer 2.01-10, Mercury Mail Transport System für Win32 und NetWare Systems v4.01a, FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.20, SQLite 2.8.15, ADODB 4.93, Zend Optimizer 3.0.2, XAMPP Security. For Windows 98, 2000, XP.
The playlist is loading fast on IE 6 and Firefox 2.
Maybe updating to PHP 5.2 and/or Apache 2.2.3 will fix the problem.
Please let me know if this helps?

Good luck,

Willem

User avatar
wbartels
netjukebox developer
Posts: 797
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Post by wbartels » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:51 pm

Another thing that could cause the slow response:
With zlib compression enabled the php flush() function doesn't work correctly,
and therefore dynamic content is send to late to the web browser.

Did you have enabled zlib compression on your webserver and or php?

b00x
User
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:44 am

Post by b00x » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:12 pm

lol, you got it the second time ;)

I had mod_deflate in place for gzip compression in httpd.conf.
Just commented all that out, and now my playlist loads perfectly :)

However, I should really look into updating my apache n php versions.

Thanks a lot for your help William, appreciated.

hulby
User
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:54 am

Playlist.php never completely loads...

Post by hulby » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:11 am

Hello,

I am running into the same situation here. The status bar on the browser window always says opening playlist.php. The problem I am having is none of the control buttons load, or are visible, and I am not able to use any of the buttons (Stop, Pause, Play, etc) until I hit stop on the browser. I can hit refresh a few times and eventually see a button or two show up. I can also right click on the link, and select show picture. I've looked for zlib, and it shows that it is off. Also, I do not not have an instance of mod_deflate in my httpd.conf. Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

-hulby

User avatar
wbartels
netjukebox developer
Posts: 797
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Playlist.php never completely loads...

Post by wbartels » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:31 am

hulby wrote:Hello,

I am running into the same situation here. The status bar on the browser window always says opening playlist.php. The problem I am having is none of the control buttons load, or are visible, and I am not able to use any of the buttons (Stop, Pause, Play, etc) until I hit stop on the browser. I can hit refresh a few times and eventually see a button or two show up. I can also right click on the link, and select show picture. I've looked for zlib, and it shows that it is off. Also, I do not not have an instance of mod_deflate in my httpd.conf. Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

-hulby
What OS, web server and PHP version do you use?
Witch web browser do you use?

hulby
User
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:54 am

Post by hulby » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:08 pm

Hi Willem,

thank you for replying.

I am running Apache 2.0.55 and PHP 5.1.2 on Windows XP, with IE 6 sp2.

Thank you,

hulby

User avatar
wbartels
netjukebox developer
Posts: 797
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Post by wbartels » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:58 pm

hulby wrote:Hi Willem,

thank you for replying.

I am running Apache 2.0.55 and PHP 5.1.2 on Windows XP, with IE 6 sp2.

Thank you,

hulby
Your PHP and Apache versions are rather old.
Maybe updating to PHP 5.2.1 an Apache 2.0.59 could help.

Also check this in the php.ini:

Code: Select all

output_buffering = Off

hulby
User
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:54 am

Post by hulby » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:23 am

Willem,

I don't see how updating to those minor versions could help, but I will give it a try. I did check my output_buffering and it is off. Do you know anyone else having an issue like this?

-hulby

hulby
User
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:54 am

Fixed!

Post by hulby » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:14 pm

Willem,

You were right! I upgraded as you suggested, and it seems to have worked out the issue. Thank you very much!

Nice app, now that I can see it.

-hulby

User avatar
wbartels
netjukebox developer
Posts: 797
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Fixed!

Post by wbartels » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:08 pm

hulby wrote:Willem,

You were right! I upgraded as you suggested, and it seems to have worked out the issue. Thank you very much!

Nice app, now that I can see it.

-hulby
Thanks for the response,

Willem

Locked