netjukebox 4.05c: empty track_ids

Fixed and closed topics
talanis
User

netjukebox 4.05c: empty track_ids

Post by talanis »

Hello,

I just installed netjukebox together with XAMPP for windows and at first everything seemed to work fine. But then I got the following error when trying to playback only a single file, not a complete album:

Unsupported query string
action=playlist&track_id=

Seemed like the track_id was empty. So I took a look at the DB and it appeared that none of my tracks has a track_id. I did several updates but the problem is still there. It was that way right after installation.

Any ideas? Has that happened before? Did I forget something during installation (I followed the instructions on the website)?

Thanks a lot!
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

The update is done in two stages.
In the second stage the id’s and media specific information as filesize, playtime, etc. will be updated.
If the second stage fails in some way you get the situation you have.

Did you have updated with Full update?
Did you get at least two checks (something like: V) after update?
talanis
User

Post by talanis »

Ah, alright. I assumed that the update had finished, but it turned out that on a specific album the memory limit was exceeded.

I don't know, why just that specific album did not work, but it seems that netjukebox has a problem with longer tracks. The tracks on that album were all about 20 minutes. And I had to remove several bigger videos that caused the same memory error. I also tried to set the limit higher, but the error occured even at 128 MB.

But nevertheless: problem solved.
Thank you :)
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

PHP can't handle files and integers larger that 2GB.
So very long video files can be a problem.
In PHP 6 this limitation will be fixed.

Please let me know if you have problematic files that are smaller than 2GB.
talanis
User

Post by talanis »

I guess I solved the problem with the audio files.

Seems like something was wrong with the id3 tag, it was somehow cut off at the end. I edited it and now it works... don't know.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Nice that everything is working now.
Would be nice if you can mail me the corrupted file anyway.
Maybe it is possible to make something in netjukebox 5 that will detect corruptions / error messages from the getID3() library.
talanis
User

Post by talanis »

I feared that you would ask that. Unfortunately that won't be of much use since I already repaired all the files and I don't know what has been wrong.

But I will show you what I did, maybe it helps:
I used the integrated tad editor in windows explorer (I guess it modifies the v1 as well as the v2 tags). The album name contained the release date following by the actual album name, it seems like that was too long (so I guess that there was no v2 tag before). I removed the date. The genre was set to "(255) Other", I removed it and now it says "Other". I can't say which one did the trick because I changed them both together (bad skills in bug testing!). After that, the file had a v1 as well as a v2 tag.

EDIT: By the way, thanks for such a wonderful tool. Since I installed netjukebox I'm hardly touching my winamp-pc anymore, as I can do everything from my laptop (after a small change I even start/stop my visualizer with netjukebox and display it on my TV for visual psychedelic trips :D )
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

talanis wrote:I feared that you would ask that. Unfortunately that won't be of much use since I already repaired all the files and I don't know what has been wrong.

But I will show you what I did, maybe it helps:
I used the integrated tad editor in windows explorer (I guess it modifies the v1 as well as the v2 tags). The album name contained the release date following by the actual album name, it seems like that was too long (so I guess that there was no v2 tag before). I removed the date. The genre was set to "(255) Other", I removed it and now it says "Other". I can't say which one did the trick because I changed them both together (bad skills in bug testing!). After that, the file had a v1 as well as a v2 tag.
For the moment I don’t want invest more time in this.
If more people have the same problem I will look further in this.
talanis wrote: EDIT: By the way, thanks for such a wonderful tool. Since I installed netjukebox I'm hardly touching my winamp-pc anymore, as I can do everything from my laptop (after a small change I even start/stop my visualizer with netjukebox and display it on my TV for visual psychedelic trips :D )
Thanks,

I also run Winamp from a remote computer connected to my amplifier.
Running Winamp as service with FireDeamon works really great.
I don't know if any visual effect will work as a service?
http://www.firedaemon.com/
(When creating a new service use a user in the Settings>Logon screen witch has access to the media files.)