Play a stream with 4.07b, cannot skip foward into the track

Fixed and closed topics
ma2xfr
User

Play a stream with 4.07b, cannot skip foward into the track

Post by ma2xfr »

The streaming for the version 4.07b does not work properly compared to the version 5.04.
With Winamp, you cannot select a specific part of the track that you are playing. If you move the cursor (that follows the time display) for example, to skip foward into the track, the player restarts the stream from the begin of the track, but keeps the time on going. It is a lack.
It works with the version 5.04, but not with the version 4.07b. Did you change the way to stream mp3?

Do you have an idea about this issue or you need more additional information to understand and reproduce the problem?

Thank you again for you support.
ma2xfr.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: Play a stream with 4.07b, cannot skip foward into the track

Post by wbartels »

This is not a bug, the seek functionality is a new netjukebox 5 feature.
It is to much work to back port all new fixes and features from netjukebox 5 to netjukebox 4.
My main focus is on the development of netjukebox 5.
ma2xfr
User

Post by ma2xfr »

Hi,

Yes, I can imagine that the focus is now on the version 5, but, for my part I have to deal with the version 4 as long as my host provider does not support Mysqli! It is a frustration, and I think, I'm not the only one.
The version 4 could be perfect, except this big gap regading the seek. And it could be really a good thing, if at least, we could back port this feature. May be, I can help you to back port it? Or just provide me a support to help fixing this lack? By the way, give a very interesting final release of the version 4? What did you think about that? Only the seek functionality?

Cheers,
ma2xfr.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

I will shortly release netjukebox 4.08 with some easy to back ported features like seekable streaming.
Seekable support will be limited to source files or files below the stream profile threshold.

In netjukebox 5 seekable streaming is also working when transcoded files are in the cache.
(cache files will be created when files are downloaded or batch transcoded)
ma2xfr
User

Post by ma2xfr »

Hi,

Thank you for your advise.

Could you just precise what do you hear by "batch transcoded" ? What does it mean?
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

ma2xfr wrote:Hi,

Thank you for your advise.

Could you just precise what do you hear by "batch transcoded" ? What does it mean?
When you have for example lossless music (ape, flac, wv) and want to download it as a mp3 @ portable.
Then you can select that download profile, and download a transcoded version of the music.
This will take some time to prepare.
The second time it will directly be downloaded from the cache.

Batch transcoding will make mp3 @ portable (of course when selected that profile) from all files in the cache.
It will start with the newest album and end with the oldest album.
All files that are already in the cache will be skipped.