Syntax Error: initialize.js

Fixed and closed topics
ix6tech
User

Syntax Error: initialize.js

Post by ix6tech »

This is the current error I get using either IE8 or Firefox 3.6 with Javascript, and XML Parsing enabled.

Netjukebox Version: 5.26.3
PHP Version: 5.3.5
Apache Version: 2.2.17
MySQL Version: 5.5.8

wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: Syntax Error: initialize.js

Post by wbartels »

What do you mean with "XML Parsing enabled" ?

I can't see any error in the Firefox 3.6 Error Console.
How can I reproduce the error in Firefox 3.6?
ix6tech
User

Post by ix6tech »

Firefox 3.6 will simply not respond when a login is initiated. I can only assume that this is due to a an initialization issue. I noticed this same issue with the updated version at live.netjukebox.nl.

Is this a known issue with each browser?
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

ix6tech wrote:Firefox 3.6 will simply not respond when a login is initiated. I can only assume that this is due to a an initialization issue. I noticed this same issue with the updated version at live.netjukebox.nl.

Is this a known issue with each browser?
In the last 24 hours there have been 3 unique users logged in on the live demo with Firefox 3.6.

The screenshot with line number 201 contains the JavaScript eval(http.responseText); function witch is unchanged in netjukebox for a long time.
So I don't know what the problem causes.

If you can sent me a private message with the url of your site than I maybe can find out what is going wrong.
ix6tech
User

Post by ix6tech »

Here is a test server I have running for it:

I installed the script using the necessary default settings:

http://www.xnetproject.net/netjukebox/

Test Server Name: Nexus

Server OS: Windows XP Professional SP3
Apache: 2.2.17
MySQL: 5.5.8
PHP: 5.3.4

This was the current build I have issues with. Here is the odd part. I see you are using 5.27 Develop edition on live.netjukebox.nl and I am able to access that fine for the anonymous access user. however 5.26.3 is where I run into this odd-ball issue.

Thanks.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

ix6tech wrote:Here is a test server I have running for it:

I installed the script using the necessary default settings:

http://www.xnetproject.net/netjukebox/

Test Server Name: Nexus

Server OS: Windows XP Professional SP3
Apache: 2.2.17
MySQL: 5.5.8
PHP: 5.3.4

This was the current build I have issues with. Here is the odd part. I see you are using 5.27 Develop edition on live.netjukebox.nl and I am able to access that fine for the anonymous access user. however 5.26.3 is where I run into this odd-ball issue.

Thanks.
Your javascript.php script creates the following error message:

Code: Select all

<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined index: server_seed in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs\netjukebox\javascript.php</b> on line <b>189</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined index: server_seed in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs\netjukebox\javascript.php</b> on line <b>190</b><br />
loginStage2("I33sJY_HNVMlbGL1nBzY0VdXebb4oSkJIGcnZzLZ", "7W4eiOEzxyDW2OPZ1u1NRBa71QFefW3j9QpQS_KV", "5sgWwF7CbZZ5cmWZzY4jBH_Oy9EW6prIB4OTec2p");
This means somehow there is no server_seed created or it is accidentally deleted.
One way to fix it is to delete the netjukebox database and start netjukebox, than a new database with a server_seed will be created.
ix6tech
User

Post by ix6tech »

Ah ok I see what I was doing wrong. I was still following the old method of using the initial .sql database that comes with the zip file. Apparently the issue exists within the sql data found in the sql folder in the file netjukebox_5.26.3.zip.

After deleting the tables imported from the sql folder and allowing the database to be re-created automatically resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Chris
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

ix6tech wrote:Ah ok I see what I was doing wrong. I was still following the old method of using the initial .sql database that comes with the zip file. Apparently the issue exists within the sql data found in the sql folder in the file netjukebox_5.26.3.zip.

After deleting the tables imported from the sql folder and allowing the database to be re-created automatically resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Chris
There is no issue in the sql file itself.
The current version of netjukebox only checks and if needed creates a new server_seed when that database is updated.
In the next release I will fix it so than a manual database installation will also work.