M4A?

emcquaid
User

M4A?

Post by emcquaid »

Can netjukebox be tweaked to see m4a files? 2/3 of my collection is in this format...

multi bene,

Eric
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

As long as you got an working Winamp input plugin you can add any format to netjukebox.
I don't know if getID3() will return the playtime, bitrate etc... to netjukebox.

Just try it out :wink:

Add this to the include/config.inc.php file:

Code: Select all

$cfg['media_extension'][]          = 'm4a';
newbeat

m4a

Post by newbeat »

I dont think so, because m4 isnt free opensource, its commercial format.
U have sure in this container aac+ codec, u can extract (demux) it with mp4iptools to pure aac+ .
I checked netjukebox/getid3 for modules .... no m4, but other like matroska,aac (works for me),real,quicktime,swf are possible..
Fazit : u dont need to have commercial container m4a(audio) for ur playback.
Extract ur aac from this container and u can play these files in ur NJB.Get freedom ur chained aac audio files ;).
emcquaid
User

silly me

Post by emcquaid »

yes! and I added.

$cfg['media_extension'][] = 'wav';
$cfg['media_extension'][] = 'shn';
also. and now the update is busy finding all those files!!

Now my question is:

Can I stream these extra formats? m4a, wav, shn?

Thank you Willem for a tremendous job on netjukebox. I LOVE it!!!

Cheers,

Eric
newbeat

m4a

Post by newbeat »

Edit :
I forgot , that u need have faad (aacdecoder) in ur codecpack,too.
U need put in config.inc.php (include folder) :

// | Decoding audio files to 16 bit 44.1 KHz Stereo WAVE files for recording |
// | Most decoder can be downloaded here: |
// | http://www.rarewares.org/ |
// | http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/ |
// | http://home.vxu.se/mdati00/frontah/manual-download.html |
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

$cfg['decode']['aac'] = 'D:\Console\Codec\faad.exe --decode --silent %source %destination';

for local playback

// | Decode to stdout (for streaming) |
// | |
// | Known Musepack pipe problem: (mppdec.exe version 1.95z6) |
// | When skipping from Musepack files cmd.exe and mppdec.exe are not closed. |
// | |
// | Monkey's Audio doesn't support pipe. (mac.exe version 3.99) |
// | A special Monkey's Audio compile from the shnutils website supports pipe: |
// | http://www.etree.org/shnutils/shntool/ |
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

$cfg['decode']['aac'] = 'D:\Console\Codec\faad.exe --decode --silent %source %destination';

for streaming

// | Media extensions |
$cfg['media_extension'][] = 'aac';

too.
newbeat

m4a

Post by newbeat »

wav in lan (think i), shorten = netjukebox/getid3/module.audio.shorten.php , module are here.
I tested other lossless formats to stream (wavpack and optimfrog in losslesshybridmode on 320-420 kb/s) and it works fine.
But u need some adsl2 connection for streaming of lossless files; i have only sdsl 1,5 mbs and i switched to ogg on 64 kb/s only.
I think, that it sounds not much worse than mp3 on 128 kb/s. :)
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Thanks newbeat.

I will add the aac decoder to the codec pack.
And update the configuration file.

FAAD can also be used for mp4 audio decoding.
But what would happen with a mp4 video?
Would it extract the audio part only?
newbeat

m4a

Post by newbeat »

I think,that emcquaid has some m4a files from apple's store.
These files are in own apple's container (m4a format), aac or apple's own lossless format.U can mux audio,video,subtitels in this container and NJB can sure read aac files in this container.
Problem is, that i dont see modules in getid3 config.
I tested other container (winamp's own nsv format); and it works in lan fine.
For streaming, i dont know right parameter + option; because encoder for streaming of nsv files is the part of nsvtools (not simple exec for encoding like other codecs).
U want know, what happend with videopart in m4 container ? He has not video in his m4a (m4a = audio).
It is same, like u play avi or matroska or mpeg without video or subtitels.Sound only.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

I have tried streaming with:

Code: Select all

$cfg['decode_stdout']['aac']        = 'D:\Console\Codec\faad.exe -d -w %source'; 
http://www.rarewares.org/files/aac/faad.zip

But I get only noise.
I have made the AAC file with this encoder:
http://pessoal.onda.com.br/rjamorim/faac.zip
Last edited by wbartels on Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
newbeat

m4a

Post by newbeat »

I dont understand, what u mean Willem,
I mean, streaming of aac+ in ogg or mp3; do u mean streaming of aac in aac ?
I mean playback of aac in Lan (direct streaming via httpq server of winamp) and streaming over i-net in ogg or mp3 stream.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: m4a

Post by wbartels »

newbeat wrote:I dont understand, what u mean Willem,
I mean, streaming of aac+ in ogg or mp3; do u mean streaming of aac in aac ?
I mean playback of aac in Lan (direct streaming via httpq server of winamp) and streaming over i-net in ogg or mp3 stream.
I ment streaming from aac to mp3 or ogg.
Playback of aac in lan is not a problem.
newbeat

m4a

Post by newbeat »

Ok, i understood well,
I tried now to find right combinations of faad to decode for streaming, but no sound (only noise,hissing) in winamp and media player classic.
I cannt remmember ,what i did set for parameter + option and what decoder i used in my test. Its possible, that i used coreaac or nero , i did installed coreaac DS filters and parser too; its maybe 6 month ago or so. I know only , that aac to mp3 or ogg does work fine.
Its possible too, that u changed new module of getid3 since this time, and now comes only noise of aac streaming.
I tested now again, and... it works fine for me with :
$cfg['decode']['aac'] = 'D:\Console\Codec\faad.exe -w %source'; $cfg['decode_stdout']['aac'] = 'D:\Console\Codec\faad.exe -w %source';

but .... only for he-aac vbr files ; cbr files are much slow (maybe 50 % slower playback), and .. i tested only oggstreaming now.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: m4a

Post by wbartels »

newbeat wrote:Ok, i understood well,
I tried now to find right combinations of faad to decode for streaming, but no sound (only noise,hissing) in winamp and media player classic.
I cannt remmember ,what i did set for parameter + option and what decoder i used in my test. Its possible, that i used coreaac or nero , i did installed coreaac DS filters and parser too; its maybe 6 month ago or so. I know only , that aac to mp3 or ogg does work fine.
Its possible too, that u changed new module of getid3 since this time, and now comes only noise of aac streaming.
I tested now again, and... it works fine for me with :
$cfg['decode']['aac'] = 'D:\Console\Codec\faad.exe -w %source'; $cfg['decode_stdout']['aac'] = 'D:\Console\Codec\faad.exe -w %source';

but .... only for he-aac vbr files ; cbr files are much slow (maybe 50 % slower playback), and .. i tested only oggstreaming now.
The version of getID3() doesn't matter, because it is not used for the streaming part.
The actual streaming part with PHP 4 is only one line:
@passthru($cmd);
So it all comes down to the decoder/encoder and the configuration.

It is a pittie that only he-aac vbr is working.
On my system streaming to oog is working, but not to mp3.
newbeat

m4a

Post by newbeat »

I checked my aac files, and i found problem. My cbr file is created on 22 khz in LC .....= 50 % slower.
I found, that should be possible, to aac streaming in mp4 container, but it doesnt work for me, because i dont know right parameter + option.When i got :

$cfg['stream_extension'][] = 'mp4';
$cfg['stream_name'][] = 'mp4 @ 128 kbps';
$cfg['stream_encode'][] = 'D:\Console\Codec\faac.exe -b 128 -w %d --artist "%a" --title - -';
$cfg['stream_max_channels'][] = 2;
$cfg['stream_transcode_treshold'][] = 130000;

winamp started with id3tags, but its still and faac.exe doesnt start for encoding.Maybe u can find right option +parameter ,when u check with command faac.exe -h ... for usable parms + opts.
Here maybe small help for right encoding of aac custom command line (but its complet with full id3tags)

3. Set file extension to .mp4 (or .m4a)
5. Use command line -o %d --artist "%a" --title "%t" --album "%g" --year "%y" --track "%n" --genre "%m" %s

Why doesnt work ur lame 3.96.1, i dont know... maybe u need fresh lame ?
Yes, i tested now 3.97b1 (this same noise like 3.96) and 4.0a14 works perfect, for my cbr on 22 khz too :).