Newbie - Cannot connect to MySQL Server on localhost

General discussion about netjukebox
gme
User

Newbie - Cannot connect to MySQL Server on localhost

Post by gme »

Hi there.

First off just want to say this application looks really great. I have a wide computer knowledge but new to PHP and MySQL so please bear with me.

I have a test home server running 2003 and IIS 6 along with PREVIOUS installs of PHP5 and mySQL4.1

I say previous installs because on my home website I have gallery2 and phpbb running.

Now I want to install Netjukebox onto this server and tell it to use the current mysql/php setuyp but obvioulsy on a different database. I have 2 databases running presently for gallery and the BB.

I have obvioulsy applied a root password to the Mysql server so I cant understand how netjukebox can just create a new database ( again Im new to mysql so if im wrong sorry) without any credentials.

when I got

serverip\index.php I get Cannot connect to MySQL Server on localhost error.

Do i need to create a new database in mysql? do i therefore need to ammend the config file?

any help appreciated cheers

G

EDIT: from looking about I think its because I dont have MySQL installed in the netjukebox directory. I dont really want to change my setup I have as gallery2 and phpbb is working fine.

Can I change the config of netjukebox to "look" elsewhere on my computer to MYSQL?
gme
User

Post by gme »