Ok, I've tried everything

General discussion about netjukebox
DoctorDyna
User

Ok, I've tried everything

Post by DoctorDyna »

I think I've got this installed right, the site seems to be working, except for when i try to browse, i don't see anything. I updated the database, if i check the stats I can see all 4200 some odd albums, if i go to favorites and then new, I can see the files, but no matter what I do, they won't show up under browse.

Also, when i try to stream, i get a couple of strange errors. It connects to the httpq plugin in winamp, but when i add a playlist (a whole album) it puts the files into my playlist, but they dont play. it just skips through them real quick. if i try to play one individually, I get http 401: unauthorized. I opened all the permissions on the folders wide open and it doesnt help. Ive scoured these forums and tried changing the permissions on cmd.exe as one of the admins suggested, but that didnt seem to help either.

EDIT: Ok, i added IUSR_MACHINENAME access to steam.php and my error changed to "error syncing to mpeg" still no browse.

EDIT2: Seem to have streaming working now. Strange, there is ONE album that shows when i browse. rest are missing.
Please! im at a loss.
DoctorDyna
User

Post by DoctorDyna »

Nobody knows what could possibly stop the script from showing me a list under browse? I do see (with some navigating) albums under favorites, and new. I do have ONE album that shows under it's letter, strangely the second disc of a 2 disc set. Ive checked all permissions, I tried changing the way the media directory is refrenced in config (G:\ vs G:) , however I don't think thats the problem, because if I go into config it shows how many albums there are, how many total songs there are, and when i click on update, I am treated to 15 minutes of updating (which usually has a couple of timeouts, but I've read that's normal.)

Sombody please help me! this script seems like the cat's ass and I'd really like to get it going properly.

[EDIT] Ok, progress. The one album that worked was 1 directory deeper than the rest (a filing accident). i moved all the albums up a level, and im rebuilding the database now. We'll see how it works.
DoctorDyna
User

Post by DoctorDyna »

Should the .id files created in the directories be zero bytes?
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

DoctorDyna wrote:Should the .id files created in the directories be zero bytes?
This is ok.

The id is used to recognize an album after renaming a directory
So that "images from internet", "album counter" and "genre" will still work after renaming.
Don't forget to update the database after renaming a directory or file :wink:
DoctorDyna
User

Post by DoctorDyna »

Cool, thanks. It's still not working properly, but I've made some progress. I moved everything up a level into Albums\ so now if I want to browse * I can click on A at the top and everything falls in under that. If I leave it in the root folder, I don't get anything when clicking on the alphabet under browse.

It's weird, but acceptable. Thanks again!
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

DoctorDyna wrote:Cool, thanks. It's still not working properly, but I've made some progress. I moved everything up a level into Albums\ so now if I want to browse * I can click on A at the top and everything falls in under that. If I leave it in the root folder, I don't get anything when clicking on the alphabet under browse.

It's weird, but acceptable. Thanks again!
netjukebox is completely based on the directory structure.
I assume that this will help you further: http://www.netjukebox.nl/filestructure.php

Good luck :wink:
DoctorDyna
User

Ack!

Post by DoctorDyna »

Damn, So it's because of the way that my directories are named then. As of now my paths are like so:

G:\Albums\Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - Left Of Cool\song1.mp3

And so on, for ~4250 albums. I guess I'll have to rename them all if I want to change the behaviour of the script.

Thanks for the help!
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: Ack!

Post by wbartels »

DoctorDyna wrote:Damn, So it's because of the way that my directories are named then. As of now my paths are like so:

G:\Albums\Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - Left Of Cool\song1.mp3

And so on, for ~4250 albums. I guess I'll have to rename them all if I want to change the behaviour of the script.

Thanks for the help!
Maybe a mass-rename tool will help you: viewtopic.php?t=132
Don't forget to backup your music collection before experimenting with such tools.