Change Genres

General discussion about netjukebox
Michael
User

Change Genres

Post by Michael »

Hi

First of all I'd like to say thank you for this excellent script. :)

One thing I was wondering though....

Is it possible to change or re-order the genres? For example, I'd like to take Rock and Alternative out of Pop and have them on their own. Also maybe add a new genre called Punk Rock.

Would I just change them in the database using phpMyAdmin?

Many thanks

Michael
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Yes, you can change the genres with phpMyAdmin.
Here you see an example how the genre_id is related to the genre structure.
viewtopic.php?p=616#616

If I have the time, I will make a web interface to manipulate the genre structure.
But for now you have to do it with phpMyAdmin :wink:
Michael
User

Post by Michael »

Thank you for your help. :)

One problem though that I can't seem to figure out though. I'd taken Alternative out from the Pop genre and created a new Alternative one using a new letter, following on from the others... j I think. Anyway, I changed one of my Artists To the new Alternative genre and now it shows up as Rock. lol

Is there another table in the database that will need updating to reflect this change?

Thanks again

Michael :)
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Michael wrote:One problem though that I can't seem to figure out though. I'd taken Alternative out from the Pop genre and created a new Alternative one using a new letter, following on from the others... j I think. Anyway, I changed one of my Artists To the new Alternative genre and now it shows up as Rock. lol
Strange :?:
You can go with the mouse over the genre you have set and see if the genre is set to the right genre_id (in your case j).

Code: Select all

browse.php?command=view1&genre_id=j
Michael wrote:Is there another table in the database that will need updating to reflect this change?
Table genre is the only table for the genre structure.
In the table album there is a genre_id field witch is pointing to genre_id from the genre table.
Michael
User

Post by Michael »

Oops!! My mistake :oops:

I just checked the tables in the database and found I'd made two k entries, one for Rock and anothr k for Alternative. I've just changed Rock to l and it's working great now. :)

Many thanks

Michael :)