Installation on a Hosted Linux Server

General discussion about netjukebox
Spoon
User

Installation on a Hosted Linux Server

Post by Spoon »

Hey All,

I'm new to netjukebox and I think this is an awesome piece of code. I'm hoping I'm able to get this to work on my hosted Linux server though.

I've been reading through the forums and noticed that most people are running IIS/Windows and not an actual hosted server. Therefore, I could not find any soultions to my problems.

I installed the source and configured most of the config.ini.php file up until the codec section. Here are the problems I need assistance with:

1. I keep getting the error "Can't connect to Winamp httpQ plugin on:
localhost:4800" whenever I click on the "playlist tab." I cannot find any documentation explaining this for a hosted Linux server.

2. I get this error when I click on the "config" tab and then "update" tab "Can't open directory:
../media/
Check media_dir value in config.inc.php
Check file/directory permission."

I'm not sure why it cannot open it since I believe I specified the correct path in the config.ini.php file. I also chmod 777 on that dir just to check that too. Here is what I have in the file

Code: Select all

$cfg['media_dir']                  = '../media/';
3. I don't see any info regarding codecs for a hosted Linux server. I only see a download for executable files which I cannot use. Am I missing something?

If anyone who knows their way around a hosted Linux server and has setup NJB, I could really use the help. I've been muddling throught the source trying many different scenarios and still cannot find a solution to the three questions above.

Thanks in advance,
- Spoon
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: Installation on a Hosted Linux Server

Post by wbartels »

It will work if your hosting provider gives you local read, write and execute rights from out the web server.
You have to figure that out first.
Spoon wrote:1. I keep getting the error "Can't connect to Winamp httpQ plugin on:
localhost:4800" whenever I click on the "playlist tab." I cannot find any documentation explaining this for a hosted Linux server.
The playlist is only for local and lan playback true Winamp/httpq.
For streaming you don't have a playlist.

Spoon wrote:2. I get this error when I click on the "config" tab and then "update" tab "Can't open directory:
../media/
Check media_dir value in config.inc.php
Check file/directory permission."

I'm not sure why it cannot open it since I believe I specified the correct path in the config.ini.php file. I also chmod 777 on that dir just to check that too. Here is what I have in the file

Code: Select all

$cfg['media_dir']                  = '../media/';
The $cfg['media_dir'] must be a local directory or network share and not a relative directory.
The webserver must have read and write acces to this directory.
Spoon wrote:3. I don't see any info regarding codecs for a hosted Linux server. I only see a download for executable files which I cannot use. Am I missing something?
The $cfg['codec_dir'] must be a local directory or network share and not a relative directory.
Here the webserver must have read and execute rights.
nabilbk
User

Post by nabilbk »

hey
i just made it work on a linux server, if you have a webhosting provider they should add the full path of your file like "/home/users/web/b2762/sl.uername/public_html"
i added this full path and it works
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Thanks for the feedback nabilbk.
Hope it will help other Linux Hosted users as well.