ID tag info

General discussion about netjukebox
nils
User

ID tag info

Post by nils »

Hello all,

I put some additional information into each of my MP3 files, like album year and genre info, using a MP3 ID tag editor.

netjuke has (table "album") two fields that are supposed to store exactly this information but unfortunately does not (seem to) read in the ID tag content.

Is there any way to do this? It probably could help me if I knew in which PHP script the MP3 content is being read.

Thy,
Nils
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: ID tag info

Post by wbartels »

nils wrote:It probably could help me if I knew in which PHP script the MP3 content is being read.
update.php reads al information.
In short the RecursiveScan() function scans the directory structure and runs FileStructure() to get the directory/filestructure and also the images.

After that FileInfo() will run to retrieve the filesize, playtime, etc for files where the filemtime hasn't changed.
I think that this would be the place to read the ID tags.
Elwin
User

Post by Elwin »

same problem here!

and how are the images stored, for example if i use itunes to add an image, is it in the id3 tag?

genre and images arnt used in netjukebox somehow :(
Elwin
User

Post by Elwin »

Just noticed itunes sux :P it creates his own database besides the id3 info.
there is an option in itunes to convert data to id3, from 1.0 to 2.4, but when i use it, and check it out with an id3 reader (multi id3 tag
editor), only the 1.0 and 1.1 seem to work. the 2.2/3/4 dont show any information.... the 1.0 seems to have alot of constraints :( like max. characters... and prob. not images in it?
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Elwin wrote:same problem here!

and how are the images stored, for example if i use itunes to add an image, is it in the id3 tag?

genre and images arnt used in netjukebox somehow :(
netjukebox 4.00 doesn't read embedded PIC or APIC images form mp3 files.
I think I will add it to netjukebox 4.01 again.

Mp3 without PIC or APIC images will be rescanned on every update.
Maybe it is a good idea to enable/disable embedded images in the config.inc.php file.
Last edited by wbartels on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elwin
User

Post by Elwin »

a sorry, just updated to 4.00, and remembered 3 had something with images :) anyone else has an id about how itunes works/sux?
Shizzle
User

Post by Shizzle »

the only thing that I dislike about itunes is that you have to have an account for it to download the album art. So I just stick with WMP or WinAmp. Songbird is looking promising as well. They say that songbird will be what firefox was to IE