directory structure ?

General discussion about netjukebox
rst
User

directory structure ?

Post by rst »

I have a question regarding the directory structure of netjukebox. Because I have quite a large collection, it is hard for me to structure all the albums in one folder. Mainly because just to open the folder takes too long. So I have done it like this:

\MP3Root\A
\B
\C\Celine Dion\Celine Dion - [2007] - Taking Chances\Celine Dion - Taking Chances - 01 - Taking Chances.mp3

To explain further, under the root folder I have the letters A-Z and folders like “_Audio Books” “_Various Artists” etc. Under these letters I have the corresponding artists like C -> Celine Dion, then have all the albums with “name of artist” – “year” – “name of album” etc. I am sure you get what I mean.
For me the best thing would be if the structure where editable via the web interface. But is there any way I can make my own structure?
And could it be an idea if the different views under MEDIA (#, A,B, C etc.) relates to the folders under the root media folder. That way I can have my own entries where like “Audio Books” , “Various Artists”?

Super sw by the way :D
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

netjukebox only uses the last and second last directory for the artist and album information.
So it is no problem to add a-z before these two directories.
Instead of using the Artist description you can use Audio books, Various, etc.
In the header.inc.php script you can make a shortcut to these special directory's,
It already contains the special directory Various.
A custum link could look something like this:

Code: Select all

echo "\t"  . '<a href="index.php?action=view2&artist=Audio%20Books&filter=exact&order=album">Audio Books</a>' . "\n";
Here is a suggestion how you can orginize your directory structure:

Code: Select all

root\a\Abba\1993 - Gold: Greatest hits\
root\a\Adams, Bryan\1997 - MTV Unplugged\
root\b\
root\c\
root\z\ZZ Top\1983\Eliminator\

root\Audio Books\2007 - Harry Potter 1\01 - writer – chapter 1.mp3
root\Audio Books\2007 - Harry Potter 1\02 - writer – chapter 2.mp3

root\Various\Café del mar (volume 6)\
root\Various\Café del mar (volume 7)\
root\Various\Café del mar (volume 8)\