Synology NAS Disk Station DS-107+

General discussion about netjukebox
charliego
User

Synology NAS Disk Station DS-107+

Post by charliego »

Recently I bought this nas station witch is running under an adapted version of linux and has a samba server with php and mysql support but without mysqli. It uses 8 watt power in standby, perfect for installing netjukebox.

This are my experience's with netjukebox on the DS-107+. Version 5.04d did't work because the NAS has no mysqli, i changed all mysqli statements in mysql with noresults "error: can't create database". Installing version 4.08c is working excellent but unfortunately without the (windows) codecs like for instance needed for downloading a whole album or transcoding mp3.

I tried several other applications but nothing beats netjukebox and i'm still quite satisfied how it works with the DS-107+ also without the codecs. I don't think it's possible to get any codecs working. It would be nice to get version 5.04d working.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: Synology NAS Disk Station DS-107+

Post by wbartels »

See related question linux codec pack?.

Maybe I could create a script that that will replace all MySQLi functions with the MySQL counterparts so that netjukebox will work with a MySQL (without the i) database.
I start a new job this week, so it could take a while before I have time for that.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

I had some spare time before I started my new job.

New in netjukebox 5.05:
Add MySQL engine support with a MySQLi to MySQL script converter:
tools/mysqli2mysql.php
charliego
User

Post by charliego »

Thanks, netjukebox 5.05 works great on the DS-107+.
charliego
User

Post by charliego »

New firmware (DSM 2.0-0640) out with added MySQLi support. New version of netjukebox 5.06c seems to work great (without the codecs of course).