Changing the font?

General discussion about netjukebox
Shizzle
User

Changing the font?

Post by Shizzle »

I am guessing that we can change the font to whatever we want correct? If so is there a lot of code that has to be changed as well? I was just wondering cause I thought about going at the skins again and was going to see if it was possible to change the font for each skin.
Shizzle
User

Re: Changing the font?

Post by Shizzle »

Bag that idea... I have no idea why I am having the hardest time with creating a new skin for NJB.... :evil: oh well I guess I will wait for the smart people to make them... :wink:

I was trying to make one that was "vistafied" got the background done and after that got stuck.
Shizzle
User

Post by Shizzle »

this is what I got so far... couldn't figure out why the title bars were getting broken up since it was just a single image and I couldn't figure where it was in the css that was causing it to break apart...

wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Shizzle wrote:this is what I got so far... couldn't figure out why the title bars were getting broken up since it was just a single image and I couldn't figure where it was in the css that was causing it to break apart...
Use something like: Image
Instead of: Image

With the current version of netjukebox there is only one header class with just one image.
Maybe I can spilt the header class in:
header_left, header and header_right and then you can use three images.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Shizzle wrote:I am guessing that we can change the font to whatever we want correct? If so is there a lot of code that has to be changed as well? I was just wondering cause I thought about going at the skins again and was going to see if it was possible to change the font for each skin.
The fonts can easily be changed.
Just look for all font* in the styles.css file.
The main font is set here:

Code: Select all

table {
	border: 0px;
	font-size: 13px;
	font-weight: normal;	
	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
Shizzle
User

Post by Shizzle »

wbartels wrote: Maybe I can spilt the header class in:
header_left, header and header_right and then you can use three images.
would that be easy to do? cause then I could have the left and right images be the round type and then use a sliver of the middle as the filler so it can produce a title bar as long as it needs to be automatically.

Another question... how can I move the search form on the main page of NJB to say the middle or wherever... I was thinking of removing the color and the tabs from it to make it look like its in a dialog box or something... I will have to of course come up with a way to display the other tabs. Still not sure what I want to do with the lists that are in alternating color (ie. when you click on general under media it will display everything). I hope to maybe finish this vista skin and then move onto a MAC skin or a linux skin... then who knows what... :mrgreen:
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Shizzle wrote:would that be easy to do?
It is more difficult than I thought, because all tables have a line around them.

Maybe it is possible to make a line inside the table and leave out the line from the header.
Than you can make your own header gif with or without a line.
Shizzle
User

Post by Shizzle »

wbartels wrote: It is more difficult than I thought, because all tables have a line around them.

Maybe it is possible to make a line inside the table and leave out the line from the header.
Than you can make your own header gif with or without a line.
Well the border that goes around tables can be easily removed via CSS by setting the border property to 0. Another question that I have is... is it possible to put the search form into a image? I am trying to make it look like it is in a dialog box.

Also is it possible to have each user choose what skin they want to use say in the user config settings that they can access? Something that the user can change whenever they want?

Thanks again!