Help

General discussion about netjukebox
morbillo
User

Help

Post by morbillo »

Hi all
first thing i must say thanks for the netjukebox project
i was looking for something similar for weeks!
Thanks!
NOw some help and some problem

I have installed on a server connected to my srtereo the apache server,sql server ecc and the netjukebox

It seems start regualrly
I also have installed onthe server winamp and the http plugins
Now i want to know how do they interact all together
I assume on the server i musty have apache,sql and winamp always running
In the client i acces to my catalogue and play to(i mean o make the server play) through the webinterface at server ip address
In the client also i must have winamp with httpq always running?
can i manage and play my mp3 in the server also through winamp or do i have to do everything by webinterface?

now some question
1 in the webinterface in the media windows, there are some "genres" kind of music.Can i add them?or edit? how do i make them work with my music?How do i put my music in those genres?
2 how do il load a picture for an album,or where shall i place the picture?
3 do i have to organize the foldres that contains my mp3 in a correct way to get the best from netjukebox? i have some folder by genres, others byt artist....if yes how shall i do that?
4 i saw a couple of time a dos prompt opening in the server sayng that it could not find a codec in d:\consolle..etc...what is that?
5 about "profile". do i nedd to configure more than one player profiule?one for each user? that's beacuse i see detect "server" or "client" option...so in the client i choose the client options..buit it changed also in the server..how does it work?
anyway..the sofytware is fantastic..i want to get the most of it!
thank for your help!
Last thong..generally speaking, how can i work with my sql?what can i do with it?if i open the mysql admin panel i see only empty windows, like if nothing is running into it.i have read that as netjukebox work with mysqli i shoould ocnvert the script..but i couldn't get to do it...may i daownload and install mysqli?i couldn't find it around
stefano
Shizzle
User

Re: Help

Post by Shizzle »

Hello morbillo welcome to NJB.

Most of your questions can be answered here regarding file sturcture and the images (http://www.netjukebox.nl/filestructure.php). As far as the genre question that you have in the interface you can select the artist and then within that artist it will display the albums for that artist in which you can select the albums you want to change the genre. You then check the albums you want to change and then click the edit button at the bottom of the album list then it will give you an option list and you choose what genre you want to make it, then click on save.

In the config tab you can search for an image via sloth radio and I believe there is a way to change it to other sites via the config.inc.php file located in the include folder. Otherwise the images are gathered from the artist/album folders. They must be named "image.jpg" however I have had no problems with my images named folder.jpg :wink: again this information is also located in the file sturcture information.

As far as the dos prompt showing up that just means that you don't have the codec pack which can be downloaded from the download page where you downloaded netjukebox... just make sure that the config.inc.php reflects where you installed the codecs to. To install the codecs just create a folder and extract the codec pack into that folder.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions don't be afraid to ask. I will try to answer as best as I can or the author of NJB usually answers all questions as well. I have been using the script for quite some time and I am no expert by any means, but I can try to help where I can.

I hope that I got everything correct Willem :wink:

As far as the httpq plugin for winamp I don't use that part of NJB so maybe Willem can help you out with that.