Random

General discussion about netjukebox
hulby
User

Random

Post by hulby »

Hi Willem,

I just wanted to throw this at you cause I've seen other users requesting it. Do you have any plans to implement some sort of random playlist generator? Maybe something simple; select a genre, number of tracks and hit Go. I've mocked up simple ones in the past but each time I update I lose it. I like your enhancements too much not to upgrade :) On a side note however. I seem to blow up httpQ when sending more than 100 tracks at it at once. So maybe the idea of videoLAN is a good one. Keep up the good work!

-Hulby
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: Random

Post by wbartels »

Random playback is a good suggestion.
I will add it on the to do list, I have no idea yet how I will implement it.

I don't have any problems when playing many files (500+).
Witch Winamp and netjukebox version do you use?
hulby
User

Post by hulby »

Hi Willem,

I am glad you like the suggestion. I am using the latest and greatest of the tools, and I've experienced this issue with a few versions. I will admit I am not as good as a programmer as I'd like to be, so it could be the way I am generating the list. I originally wrote it with a drop down to select 50, 100 or 200 songs. I started noticing when selecting 100 and 200 it would tend to blow up Winamp, but with 50 it worked fine, so it is kind of puzzeling. I don't think it is Winamp as I am able to point Winamp to a folder of 1000's and it loads nicely, so it's most likely the function I wrote.

I really enjoy your site and like I said your updates far out weigh having this random function, so I thought I would bring it to your attention.

I agree it would take some time figuring out the best way to implement. How I did it was very simple as I planned to just re-implement it after I upgraded your product. But it is such a good feature I tend to use it every time.

If you would like, I could show you how I did it, and maybe it could just give you an idea, then you could run with it. It's up to you.

Being a programmer too I know people always like to suggest new things and I know it can get frustrating lol. With that being said, your program rocks and I love it. Keep up the good work!

Oh and kudos on the VideoLan implementation, I just noticed that when I upgraded this week. I have not yet been able to get that to work however. So quick question for you. Is there a config you need to do to get VideoLan to work?

Many thanks,

-hulby
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

hulby wrote:Oh and kudos on the VideoLan implementation, I just noticed that when I upgraded this week. I have not yet been able to get that to work however. So quick question for you. Is there a config you need to do to get VideoLan to work?
  • Enable "HTTP remote control interface" in VideoLAN.
  • Configure with webinterface (the same way as Winamp with httpQ plugin).