Album art (Red x)

General discussion about netjukebox
hulby
User

Album art (Red x)

Post by hulby »

Hi Willem,

after upgrading, and running a Config>Update all of my album covers are not showing up, giving an 'red x' rather than the album image, or the default. I've tried clearing out my bitmap table, a running another update, but no success. Do you know what might be causing this?

Thank you,

hulby
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: Album art (Red x)

Post by wbartels »

Check if the following section from the config file is corresponding with your image files:

Code: Select all

$cfg['image_front']                 = 'cd_front';
$cfg['image_back']                  = 'cd_back';
With this example it will use cd_front.jpg and cd_front.png for the front cover and webinterface.
hulby
User

Post by hulby »

Hi Willem,

I know, don't laugh, it's been quite a while since my last post about this lol...

I am having the issue again with my cover art not showing up. Needless to say, I ended up clearing out my Bitmap table, thinking if I ran an Update it would re-scan for my image files. I was wondering if there is something I can do to re-scan my folders for the image files? It seems an update does not work, if there are existing album id files in my folders. I am trying to do this without destroying my DB or more specifically the track id's. I have quite a few playlists and some other adminstrative tools that I wrote to help me organize the media, and unfortunately I chose to use your track id as my unique identifier. So if I start over, and completely rebuild the DB, I lose a lot of work. I was just wondering if I am missing a simple fix to this? If I have to start over, I guess there is no choice. I hope to hear from you.

Thanks,

hulby
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

hulby wrote:Hi Willem,

I know, don't laugh, it's been quite a while since my last post about this lol...

I am having the issue again with my cover art not showing up. Needless to say, I ended up clearing out my Bitmap table, thinking if I ran an Update it would re-scan for my image files. I was wondering if there is something I can do to re-scan my folders for the image files? It seems an update does not work, if there are existing album id files in my folders. I am trying to do this without destroying my DB or more specifically the track id's. I have quite a few playlists and some other adminstrative tools that I wrote to help me organize the media, and unfortunately I chose to use your track id as my unique identifier. So if I start over, and completely rebuild the DB, I lose a lot of work. I was just wondering if I am missing a simple fix to this? If I have to start over, I guess there is no choice. I hope to hear from you.

Thanks,

hulby
A simple update should rescan and update all images.
Witch netjukebox version do you use?
hulby
User

Post by hulby »

I am using version 5.17. No, I've ran an update several times, and it does not populate my bitmap table. The bitmap table is there, just empty. It won't even populate the table with the default image you have in the Image folder.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

hulby wrote:I am using version 5.17. No, I've ran an update several times, and it does not populate my bitmap table. The bitmap table is there, just empty. It won't even populate the table with the default image you have in the Image folder.
Why use such an old version?

You can update to 5.37.4 without loosing data.
Always use the config file that comes with the installed version!
It is advisable to make an backup from the database first,
so if anything goes wrong you can always go back to your previous version.

Let me know if the update did the trick.