default views

General discussion about netjukebox
porkbullet
User

default views

Post by porkbullet »

Is there a way to set it so that the thumbnail view is always default rather than going by an alphabetical list of artist as default?

Or at least that when you set a specific view in B.. when you navigate to another letter it retains that view setting?

Example: Set to thumbnail view while looking at all artists filed under the letter T, then navigate to S and stay in thumbnail view for artists filed in S.

right now it resets whenever you navigate to a new letter or section.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: default views

Post by wbartels »

porkbullet wrote:Is there a way to set it so that the thumbnail view is always default rather than going by an alphabetical list of artist as default?
Not at the moment.
porkbullet wrote: Or at least that when you set a specific view in B.. when you navigate to another letter it retains that view setting?

Example: Set to thumbnail view while looking at all artists filed under the letter T, then navigate to S and stay in thumbnail view for artists filed in S.
That is a good solution; I will implement it in the next release.
Than netjukebox will remember the view the same way it remembers the thumbnail size.
On the Live demo it is already working.
porkbullet
User

Post by porkbullet »

Cool.

I was all excited and looked at the Live Demo - but it doesn't seem to work. :cry:

I look forward to seeing it in action.

thanks!
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Now that I reread your suggestion I see that I have made another implementation :oops:
My goal was to remember the artist view, and that is now implemented in netjukebox 5.19.

Now that the artist view will be remembered it is now very easy to change the default #…z view behavior the way you want it :D
  • Install netjukebox 5.19
  • Search for action=view1 an replace it with action=view2 in the include/header.inc.php file.
porkbullet
User

Post by porkbullet »

I am very excited to install this new build and see this in action. However, I am a little concerned about the best way to do this. Is there a way to upgrade to 5.19 without losing all my existing configuration settings, users, etc?
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

porkbullet wrote:I am very excited to install this new build and see this in action. However, I am a little concerned about the best way to do this. Is there a way to upgrade to 5.19 without losing all my existing configuration settings, users, etc?
It is always a good idea to backup the database first!
  • Copy the new files and modify the config.inc.php file to your need.
  • Start a webbrowser and go to your netjukebox site than the database will be automatically be updated.
porkbullet
User

Post by porkbullet »

Just installed 5.19. This is totally AWESOME!

Thank you for updating this so quickly. Such a great feature! :mrgreen:
porkbullet
User

Post by porkbullet »

Just been testing this out with 5.19. It works great with remembering the view from letter to letter. Is there a way to have the same behaviour when navigating from genre to genre?