multiple directories in conf file?

General discussion about netjukebox
dcbahr
User

multiple directories in conf file?

Post by dcbahr »

Hi. Is it possible for netjukebox to index multiple directories and/or drives? I see the line in the config file for the apache server I'm trying to set up, but what if I have music in multiple locations across multiple drives? What is the syntax for that? I'm running Windows 7 64bit. any help is appreciated, thank you.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: multiple directories in conf file?

Post by wbartels »

dcbahr wrote:Hi. Is it possible for netjukebox to index multiple directories and/or drives?
On Windows you can use NTFS HardLinks: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=41
dcbahr
User

Re: multiple directories in conf file?

Post by dcbahr »

Ok, so I am Brand New to any of this php script stuff, just trying to set up a server I can stream my music from using that Maximum PC article. So I have no idea what I'm doing, really, and the Hard Link thing is rather confusing to me. I've looked at the post in 2005 about multiple media dirs and I've run into a problem. I'm wondering if it's possible for njb to index the whole of a drive? If so, what sort of syntax do I need for it? This drive, in this case my E drive which contains lots of music, would be in addition to the main media dir I want njb to use.

The other problem is that I do not use playlists and my music isn't organized in the itunes-like way with artists and albums, it's organized in my own folder structure. So in the example you gave in the 2005 post you had written something about artist 1 and album 1 to be the focus of the hard link. Will njb recognize the folder\artist\album\file.mp3 structure that I typically use? I hope I'm making sense, forgive a new user here just learning and teaching himself.