** Streaming Issues ** (PS - Great Code)

General discussion about netjukebox
BigBossMan
User

** Streaming Issues ** (PS - Great Code)

Post by BigBossMan »

To All:

I have recently been turned on to the LAMP/WAMP environemt and am looking forward to working on projects like this. I have been looking for sometime for code that does just this. Great job to all of those involved in this project. I have traded ideas and code with friends and students alike and this beats all I have seen yet.

I found light to moderate difficulty getting netjukebox up and running, most likely attributed to newbie syndrom combined with M$ issues, more than anything else. I have got everything up an running, with the exception of streaming. I am not quite sure what I have done wrong. I have installed as per instructions, using WinXP, Apache 2, MySql 4.0.20.c, php 4.3.10. I have read from previous posts that using IE6.x can be an issue, not allowing php to call cmd.exe to call functions. So far, that is the only browser I have tried. I have the codec's installed into a directory referenced by the config.inc.php, yet still no streaming. I have checked firewall issues, however I can't even stream locally. I assume this is the IE6.x issue and will install firefox and test from another browser to check the IE6.x security issue.

Before I got too carried away, I thought I would register and post to this forum, checking for other ideas...

PS - Thanks again for those involved in this development, I can't say enough about it. The Layout, Funtionality, ect., all Great !!

<-BBM->
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Nice to hear you like this project.

There is NO problem with IE6.x and streaming.
I think you have read problems with IIS6 (internet information server) and streaming.
But these problems are easy to fix.

The easiest way to get streaming to work is to download the latest codec pack from: http://www.netjukebox.nl/download.php
And extract these files to directory: D:\Console\Codec\
If you want to place the files somewhere else you have to change the corresponding directory's in the config.inc.php file.

Select the streaming profile you want to use:
First go to User settings on the bottom of the page.
And then select the desired streaming profile.

First try streaming from Winamp or foobar2000.
If this works, you can try any other media player.
BigBossMan
User

Post by BigBossMan »

OK - Sorry, I must of had one too many when reading through the posts.

I placed all of the codecs into a sub directory of the include directory and modified the config.ionc.php for all codecs. I am assuming that it took becasue the user page did not offer streaming profiles berfore and now it does. When clicking the ))) stream button, winamp fires and looks like its connecting. The title bar of winamp scrolls the servers ip, the commmands and logins. It just never plays anything. It even identifies the song and play time. This occurs locally and remotely.

I never see any thrown exceptions or errors. Is there some troubleshooting code or other utilities that my help me track this down? The other posts I have read regarding this looks like this shouldn't be this hard. I, for the life of me, can't figure out what I have done.

PS - Thanks for your patience with me...
BigBossMan
User

Post by BigBossMan »

OK - Finally found the answer in another post:

Added this to the php.ini:

cgi.force_redirect = 0

added this to httpd.conf:

LoadModule php4_module "c:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html index.html.var

Thought I had tried this already with no success, guess I was wrong.
:roll:

Thanks wbartels