wavpack and optimfrog (lossless) in netjukebox

General discussion about netjukebox
newbeat

Post by newbeat »

Hi all ,i use netjukebox since 1 month, and I must say, thats rocks; big thx for ur work.
Now one question : I ´ll like to put all my lossless files from my archiv in netjukebox, and I can play now my vw (vawpack) over njb well (hybridmode too).Only Optimfrog doesnt work. I dont know why, because my option with parameter schould be correkt in config.inc.
Can u tell me Willem, whats wrong in my config, or i´m missing some config in other *.inc for optimfrogplayback ?

Thank u Tom
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

For Winamp/httpQ playback, adding the ofr extension to config.inc.php and installing the Winamp input plugin should be enough:

Code: Select all

$cfg['media_extension'][]          = 'ofr';
For streaming I must first check if the Optimfrog console version supports STDOUT.
If this is the case and it works I will add this to the configuration file and update the codec pack.
Have a little patience because I'm now working on "internet images retrieving" ;-)
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

OptimFROG and LA are slow with decoding: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php ... comparison
When using one of these formats for streaming to mp3 or another format the processor utilization is higher than other lossless codecs.

So it is a good point to convert OptimFROG or LA files to another format like FLAC, Monkey audio, etc...
newbeat

Post by newbeat »

U are right, Optimfrog is slow in en/decoding to compare with Flac,Wavpack or Mac.
I have fear, that ofr or ofs, La doesnt work well on some 133 mhz machine.But i´ll try to get my archiv to Buffalo Linkstation like Nas in my Lan and for my I-net friends too. I can say,that it works fine now in my Lan over Smb.I cannt convert my 10.000 Ofs files to flac or Mac, because they are 2x bigger than my hybrid optimfrog and its not good for streaming over net.
I tried today streaming of wv files over i-net (it works fine; stream on 400 kb/s like hybridstream); i though, that this stream should be like oggstream (my streamconfig), but this works probably direct like http streaming.
I checked netjukebox\getid3\modules .... nice work .. matroska,optimfrog too; but i dont get optimfrog to live (for streaming) in netjukebox. I get only started winamp,qcd,foobar with id3tags and message about error syncing stream.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: wavpack and optimfrog (lossless) in netjukebox

Post by wbartels »

newbeat wrote: I checked netjukebox\getid3\modules .... nice work .. matroska,optimfrog too;
Thank the getID3() project for that: http://www.getid3.org/
newbeat wrote:I get only started winamp,qcd,foobar with id3tags and message about error syncing stream.
OptimFROG streaming is not added to the configuration file and codec-pack yet (see previous post).
newbeat

Post by newbeat »

$cfg['media_extension'][] = 'ofs';
$cfg['media_extension'][] = 'ofr';
$cfg['media_extension'][] = 'mkv';
$cfg['media_extension'][] = 'wv';

$cfg['mime_type']['mkv'] = 'video/x-matroska';
$cfg['mime_type']['mkv'] = 'video/matroska';
$cfg['mime_type']['wv'] = 'application/x-wv';
$cfg['mime_type']['ofr'] = 'application/x-ofr';
$cfg['mime_type']['ofs'] = 'application/x-ofs';

$cfg['decode_stdout']['wv'] = 'D:\Console\Codec\wvunpack.exe -q %source -';
$cfg['decode_stdout']['ofr'] = 'D:\Console\Codec\ofr.exe --decode --silent --stdout %source';
$cfg['decode_stdout']['ofs'] = 'D:\Console\Codec\ofs.exe -q %source -';
$cfg['decode_stdout']['ofs'] = 'D:\Console\Codec\ofs.exe --decode --silent %source %destination';
(i tried much other changes of parameters with options, but nothing was successfull).

wavpack works fine ,but ofr,ofs,mkv doesnt work.
Maybe i have bad command for ofs.exe and ofr.exe (option with parameter), but my matroska videos are not visible in netjukebox.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

OptimFROG streaming to mp3 and ogg vorbis with this configuration is working fine:

Code: Select all

$cfg['media_extension'][]         = 'ofr';
$cfg['decode_stdout']['ofr']		= 'D:\Console\Codec\ofr.exe --decode --silent %source --output -'; 
Source streaming (original OptimFROG file) doesn't work with Winamp.
But a great change that it will work with foobar2000 (of course with the appropriate OptimFROG plugin)

To play "matroska videos" you must select Source streaming.
And of course the appropriate plugin must be installed.
Does "matroska videos" playback work from the local HD?

Can you send me a .ofs +.ofc file to test OptimFROG DualStream?
mail to: ---

Thanks,

Willem