Problems with accented characters?

Fixed and closed topics
Paramecio
User

Problems with accented characters?

Post by Paramecio »

First of all, thanks for this great software!

When I try to play or stream a song with an accented letter anywhere in the path (artist, album, file) I get this error message:
Unsupported query string / action=playSelect&track_id=&ajax=1, due to the track_id being empty. Also, the duration of the track is shown as 0:00 (as if the file wasn't found by the second update step).
Also, if I choose to download the song, Netjukebox tries to send me files belonging to a different artist/album, and returns an error message because that file doesn't exist.
Streaming or playing of the whole album works correctly (the correct album_id is shown in the address bar), and I have no problems at all with paths without accented letters (also, in albums where some songs have accented letters, they are the only one which don't play: the others work normally).

This is the link of the download button (track_id is empty):
http://192.168.1.5/netjukebox/download. ... nload_id=2
Similarly, the play command sends an empty track_id.

I am running Netjukebox 5.19b with Apache/2.2.15 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8m PHP/5.3.2, mySql 5.1 on Windows XP Pro ITALIAN. Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Maybe there is something I am missing in the setup or configuration?

Thanks in advance for your help.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: Problems with accented characters?

Post by wbartels »

The database must have to the same characterset as set in the netjukebox config file.
At the moment UTF8 is not supported because of the PHP opendir/readdir limitation.
Paramecio
User

Post by Paramecio »

After a few trials I finally managed to have everything working perfectly, with all the accented letters in the right place.
I changed the default_charset in php.ini to "iso-8859-1" (same as in the netjukebox configuration), but nothing changed until I remember to rebuild the database (actually created a new one, using latin collation). Now it works like a charm, and I'm starting to re-organize my music collection following the format needed by netjukebox.

By the way, it's not completely clear to me the purpose of the 'no album artist' section of the config file... does anyone know how it works?

Thanks!!!
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Paramecio wrote:By the way, it's not completely clear to me the purpose of the 'no album artist' section of the config file... does anyone know how it works?
Some minor changes are made for compilation, radio, remix, singles & various albums.
For example redirect to allmusic will use the album name instead of the artist name by the following artists: compilation, radio, remix, singles, various