Retrieving Covers and other information from id3tag

Retrieving Covers and other information from id3tag

Post by Guest »

Nice thing your netjukebox!

But there are some problems (for me):

I dont' have your file-structure - all my files are in a alphabetical order. Why do you don't read all the necessary information from the id3tags?

- No covers are displayed
- The browse-title (with A-Z) disappears and appears... I don't know when and why
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: Retrieving Covers and other information from id3tag

Post by wbartels »

That is a good idea to get the cover from an id3-tag.
I will add it on my to do list.
Anonymous wrote:Nice thing your netjukebox!
Thanks for that :D
Anonymous wrote:I dont' have your file-structure - all my files are in a alphabetical order.
There are programs that can rename the file and create a directory structure based on the id3-tag.
Anonymous wrote:Why do you don't read all the necessary information from the id3tags?
Here are a few reasons why I don’t read tags:

You get in trouble when you have a mix album from artist X with songs from artist Y on it.
Other information besides Artist, Album, Title and Year are not always standardized.
Another problem is that many people use the tags in another way.

Post by Guest »

wbartels wrote:There are programs that can rename the file and create a directory structure based on the id3-tag.

Can you recommend a really good one that will download the information from the net... I am missing covers from a lot of the albums in my library and it would just take so long to edit all the id3tag information, hopefully a program that can do it for me would save me tons of time.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Anonymous wrote:
wbartels wrote:There are programs that can rename the file and create a directory structure based on the id3-tag.

Can you recommend a really good one that will download the information from the net... I am missing covers from a lot of the albums in my library and it would just take so long to edit all the id3tag information, hopefully a program that can do it for me would save me tons of time.
I haven't said that it could retrieve covers from the internet.
But this is a good program to rename files and directory's based on MP3 ID tags:
http://boyerjl.club.fr/EZPlaylist_US.htm
For other file format's this is a good program:
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014830/FlexRena/
Superlexx
User

Post by Superlexx »

you can try the WMP8/9/10, it will automatically download track info from the web, rename your files and put them into the %artist%/%album% folder, also download the cover when avaiable (not as good as a scan, but OK for the netjukebox). The WMP isn't very user-friendly though (it needs at least 3x more documentation than it actually has).
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

This is a good side if you want to download low resolution covers:
http://www.slothradio.com/covers/
Barth

trouble? ;-)

Post by Barth »

You get in trouble when you have a mix album from artist X with songs from artist Y on it.
Other information besides Artist, Album, Title and Year are not always standardized.
Another problem is that many people use the tags in another way.
I'm not a coder, but in iTunes this issue is solved with the "... is part of compilation: yes/no" field. Then check: group compilations and sorting is d0ne.

I can imagine this would be possible in php: just check whether the compilation field contains "yes" or "no" value and perform a function based on that value... or maybe i am thinking of this being easier then it is... well as stated earlier... i'm not a coder ;-)
lylos
User

Post by lylos »

A program I like to use for my mp3 collection is musicbrainz' tagger.
It has a huge database and tags all music automatically and renames as well. You can get it from http://musicbrainz.org/tagger/intro.html