Dave

ICONV not supported

Post by Dave »

Hi ,
I instaled the great program , but i have a problem whit ICONV
on each page , i see
ICONV not supported
Compile PHP with ICONV support

How can i instal it. or is this really need.?
i found by google the software , but i don't realy good understand HOW

Thx
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Iconv is needed for getID3(), that retrieves the playtime, bitrate, etc..
Is it correct that you are using Linux?
aricu
User

Post by aricu »

I have a Linux Host I was wondering if thiers any way to bypass this problem. They have something similar. I cant rememer the name. But is thier anything else besides the ICONV that can be used to run this piece of software. Thanx in advance your your response.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

I looked at the current getID3() source, and found out that ICONV is now only needed when encodings other than ISO-8859-1, UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF16-BE, UTF-16.

As far as I can see it is safe to disable the ICONV checking in the include/initialize.inc.php file:

Code: Select all

//if (!extension_loaded('iconv'))
//	if ($cfg['windows'])	message('error', '<strong>ICONV extension not loaded</strong><ul class="compact"><li>Enable php_iconv.dll in the php.ini</li><li>Copy iconv.dll to [windows directory]\system32\</li><li>Restart webserver</li></ul>');
//	else					message('error', '<strong>ICONV not supported</strong><br>Compile PHP with ICONV support');
I will take a little bit more time at the getID3() source code and see if I can change the ICONV checking in netjukebox.

Willem
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

ICONV checking can safely be removed, when fixing the font encoding to ISO-8859-1, UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF16-BE or UTF-16 in getID3() or the initialize section in update.php.
When the getID3() forum is up again I will double check if I'm right.

include/initialize.inc.php

//  +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
//  | Check for Required Extensions                                             |
//  +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
if (!function_exists('imagecreatetruecolor'))
    if ($cfg['windows'])    message('error', '<strong>GD2 extension not loaded</strong><ul class="compact"><li>Enable php_gd2.dll in the php.ini</li><li>Restart webserver</li></ul>');
    else                    message('error', '<strong>GD2 not supported</strong><br>Compile PHP with GD2 support');
if (!extension_loaded('pdf'))
    if ($cfg['windows'])    message('error', '<strong>PDF extension not loaded</strong><ul class="compact"><li>Enable php_pdf.dll in the php.ini</li><li>Restart webserver</li></ul>');
    else                    message('error', '<strong>PDF not supported</strong><br>Compile PHP with PDF support');
if (!extension_loaded('mysql'))
    if ($cfg['windows'])    message('error', '<strong>MYSQL extension not loaded</strong>');
    else                    message('error', '<strong>MYSQL not supported</strong><br>Compile PHP with MYSQL support');

update.php

//  | Initialize getID3                                                         | 
function initGetID3() 
{ 
global $getID3; 
if (!defined('GETID3_HELPERAPPSDIR')) 
    {
    define('GETID3_HELPERAPPSDIR', 'no_helper_apps_needed'); 
    $getID3 = new getID3; 
    } 
$getID3->encoding               = 'ISO-8859-1'; // CASE SENSITIVE! 
                                                // iconv() support is needed for encodings other than 
	                                            // ISO-8859-1, UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF16-BE, UTF-16 
$getID3->encoding_id3v1         = 'ISO-8859-1'; // Should always be 'ISO-8859-1', but some tags may be written 
                                                // in other encodings such as 'EUC-CN' 
$getID3->option_tag_id3v1       = false; // Read and process ID3v1 tags 
$getID3->option_tag_id3v2       = false; // Read and process ID3v2 tags 
$getID3->option_tag_lyrics3     = false; // Read and process Lyrics3 tags 
$getID3->option_tag_apetag      = false; // Read and process APE tags 
$getID3->option_tags_process    = false; // Copy tags to root key 'tags' and encode to $this->encoding 
$getID3->option_tags_html       = false; // Copy tags to root key 'tags_html' properly translated from various encodings to HTML entities 
$getID3->option_extra_info      = false; // Calculate additional info such as bitrate, channelmode etc 
$getID3->option_md5_data        = false; // Get MD5 sum of data part - slow 
$getID3->option_md5_data_source = false; // Use MD5 of source file if availble - only FLAC and OptimFROG 
$getID3->option_sha1_data       = false; // Get SHA1 sum of data part - slow 
$getID3->option_max_2gb_check   = true;  // Check whether file is larger than 2 Gb and thus not supported by PHP 
}
The live demo is now working without PHP ICONV support.
I have updated all the 11535 tracks without any problem.
So this is looking good :)
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

ICONV is not needed anymore when using UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE or ISO-8859-1 encoding.

getID3() 1.7.1b1 changelog:
» Modified iconv_fallback to work with UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-16LE,
UTF-16BE and ISO-8859-1 even if iconv() and/or XML support is
not available. This means that iconv() is no longer required
for most users of getID3()
(thanks Jeremia, khleeØbitpass*com)
I will make the appropriate changes in netjukebox 3.76
emcquaid
User

id3 and track title

Post by emcquaid »

I have many files that have id3 info attached to them. The bit rates, playtimes, etc. show just fine, but the filenames show instead of the track titles....

In other words,
the file is named calexico2005-05-04t07_vbr.mp3
the track name "Crystal Frontier" is embedded in the id3, but NJB isn't pulling that...

Is this a configuration issue?

Seems if NJB can pull the playtime, bitrate, etc., it should be able to pull the Track Name and post that as well...

Muchos gracias in advance,

Eric

EDIT:
I am using NJB 3.75 because I had problems when I upgraded to 3.76 and had to revert.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: id3 and track title

Post by wbartels »

emcquaid wrote:I have many files that have id3 info attached to them. The bit rates, playtimes, etc. show just fine, but the filenames show instead of the track titles....

In other words,
the file is named calexico2005-05-04t07_vbr.mp3
the track name "Crystal Frontier" is embedded in the id3, but NJB isn't pulling that...

Is this a configuration issue?

Seems if NJB can pull the playtime, bitrate, etc., it should be able to pull the Track Name and post that as well...
This is not a configuration problem.
netjukebox is completely based on the directory structure and file names.
You can rename the files with a batch program.
Take a look here: viewtopic.php?t=132
emcquaid wrote: EDIT:
I am using NJB 3.75 because I had problems when I upgraded to 3.76 and had to revert.
What kind of problems did you had with netjukebox 3.76?
If I can reproduce the problems I will fix them!
emcquaid
User

Post by emcquaid »

So what is the default filename format? I am getting a lot of
*** UNKNOWN FILENAME FORMAT ***
when the title is %artist - %album - %track - %title
e.g.
Robert Earl Keen - What I Really Mean - 01 - For Love.mp3

Regarding 3.76, I reverted back to 3.75 because when adding new files to the playlist it would clear the playlist first.... weird.

I'll try 3.77 and let you know if I have the same problem...

Cheers,

Eric
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

emcquaid wrote:So what is the default filename format?
http://www.netjukebox.nl/filestructure.php
emcquaid wrote:Regarding 3.76, I reverted back to 3.75 because when adding new files to the playlist it would clear the playlist first.... weird.
I can't reproduce that that with netjukebox 3.76 and 3.77
When pressing + it add's the tracks to the playlist.