Blank white screen (except for header)

General discussion about netjukebox
ponchorage

Blank white screen (except for header)

Post by ponchorage »

WaldoMonster,

Sorry I never got around to reviewing your code. I had some spare time today so I thought I'd try out netjukebox. I've got it installed, but I never get a login prompt. When I go to config --> update (or anywhere), the only thing I ever see is the header with a blank white screen below.

Also, (I'm running PHP 5, so I commented out the code that checks for the PHP version) I received an error that said it couldn't connect to my mysql server. I went into one of the config files and entered the password for the connection and that error went away, but now I'm stuck.

Do you think I am having this issue because I'm running PHP5? What is there in your code that might be incompatible with PHP5?

Thanks.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: Blank white screen (except for header)

Post by wbartels »

Welcome back ponchorage :D
ponchorage wrote:Also, (I'm running PHP 5, so I commented out the code that checks for the PHP version) I received an error that said it couldn't connect to my mysql server. I went into one of the config files and entered the password for the connection and that error went away, but now I'm stuck.
For MySQL 4.0.x support on PHP 5.x read this:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.databa ... mysql.php5
ponchorage wrote:What is there in your code that might be incompatible with PHP5?
I haven't tested netjukebox on PHP 5 jet.
I think that it will work without any problem if you follow the instructions on the above link.
The current version of getID3() was written for PHP 4.1 and uses much more memory with PHP 5.
getID3() version 1.7.2 wrote:This version runs under both PHP4.1+ and PHP5, but require a lot more memory under PHP5.
Felix
User

Post by Felix »

See PHP5 / MySQL 4.x

viewtopic.php?t=107

hth

Felix