Error syncing to mpeg while streaming

General discussion about netjukebox
highmighty
User

Error syncing to mpeg while streaming

Post by highmighty »

I'm unfortunately having the "error syncing to mpeg" error message whenever I want to stream a song...

As an example, here's the content of an M3U file:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:427,A Forest Mighty Black - Fresh In My Mind
http://chilledbeats.dyndns.org/netjukeb ... 7&ext=.mp3
#Expire: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:06:23 -0400

It's not a port problem because http://chilledBeats.dyndns.org/netjukebox works fine...

What else could be the problem? Is Shoutcast required ? And for your information, a Shoutcast server is already running on 3 different ports 8000 (56Kbps), 8002 (24Kbps), 8004 (128Kbps) in conjunction with Winamp and the Shoutcast DSP plugin...

Thank you for your time!
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Shoutcast is NOT needed.
You only need the latest codec pack and a good working web server.
If you are using IIS as web server read this tread: viewtopic.php?t=18

I hope you can fix it now :wink:
highmighty
User

Post by highmighty »

Thank you for your response.

But that's too bad, I guess I'll have to stick using the Shoutcast servers for streaming purposes because I can't CHMOD CMD.EXE on a FAT system (until someone finds a "fix" for this issue viewtopic.php?t=18 )

Also, is there a way to configure a Netjukebox "user" to allow it to only add songs to the playlist without PLAY/PAUSE/NEXT, etc and if so, could this user be an anonymous user, e.g. no username no password at all?

Thanks a bunch and P.S. this tool is REALLY a NICE ONE!!!

highmighty
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

highmighty wrote:Also, is there a way to configure a Netjukebox "user" to allow it to only add songs to the playlist without PLAY/PAUSE/NEXT, etc and if so, could this user be an anonymous user, e.g. no username no password at all?
That is a good idea.
I think it can be made with an anonymous user account.
I will put it on the to do list.

PS: Cool relaxed radio station :)
Frank

Post by Frank »

Hi. I installed your script, and everything works, but whenever I hit the stream button in browse under the album, winamp will show the error 'error syncing to mpeg'. What exactly is the problem in this instance? There is no configuration fault, as I double checked the configuration file for any errors and I tried converting a mp3 using lame to wav. I am running on windows xp for the server, but apache is installed as the web server. Hope to get a resolution on this problem soon.
Frank
User

Post by Frank »

I solved the problem, somehow, by changing the Stream profile from MP3 @ 64 kbps to source, now it works great. It works enough for me, but why does the decreased bitrate make the script unable to stream the file over the net?
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Frank wrote:I solved the problem, somehow, by changing the Stream profile from MP3 @ 64 kbps to source, now it works great. It works enough for me, but why does the decreased bitrate make the script unable to stream the file over the net?
When selecting source streaming then no decoding/encoding program is needed.
If you select an other profile then you have to configure this in the include/config.inc.php file.
Or download the latest codec pack and extract the file to D:\Console\Codec\.
Frank
User

Post by Frank »

I already configured the config file to point to the codecs, but it still doesnt work. I checked and make sure that the codec involved, lame, was working by using the script listed on the other forum to do a check.
thall
User

Re: Error syncing to mpeg while streaming

Post by thall »

Hi, i have same problem. When i open the m3u in winamp i get [Error syncing to mpeg] http://192.168.1.6/netjukebox/stream.ph ... M&ext=.mp3 . Im running the netjunkebox on a Linux Debian server. Isnt it possible to stream on a linux server or must i have the server on a windows computer? I thought it was only required when you use the function "play album" and "Add album".

Please help me

//Thall

* I changed in Stream Profile and choosed Source insteed of MP3 @ PORTABLE 128KB

Thanks for a master piece of code, keep it up :)