Unable to Update Media

Fixed and closed topics
CBrown519
User

Unable to Update Media

Post by CBrown519 »

After rebuilding my media computer, I needed to redownload NJB (as well as XAMPP for Apache & MySql). I got NJB v6.33.13 downloaded, unzipped into the appropriate location in the XAMPP installation, started Apache & MySql. I edited the configuration to set my media location as well as downloaded, installed and configured in NJB the Helper applications.

After the initial startup of NJB on localhost confirmed database creation, I logged in and set all the appropriate settings for my media player (WinAmp with httpQ plugin). Every time I attempted to update the media, it would seemingly "get stuck" on "Structure." I even let it sit on this task over night (>7 hours). I tried this at least a few times, dropping the database from MySql each time. And every time, I deleted all the *.id files in each folder. Strangely, every time I would do this, a different number of .id files would be present in the file system.

Previously, my media was stored on an SMB server accessed via UNC paths. Thinking this might possibly be problematic in the newer version, I copied my library to a drive local to the machine hosting the NJB environment. And still, the Update would "hang."

After mulling it over, I decided to download the older version I know I was using previously: NJB v6.21. After going through all the setup steps again with the older version, I ran the Update procedure and after less than 90 minutes, all my media was available as before.

There are a few functionalities of some of the newer versions, beginning with 6.30. Absent some sort of logging, I'm at a loss as to why the newer version installation seems to fail. I'm thinking I will backup my installation, including the MySql database for NetJukebox and attempt to upgrade to 6.30.
Attachments
Screenshot of current media using NJB v6.21
Screenshot of current media using NJB v6.21
Screenshot 2017-05-17 08.44.44.png (110.96 KiB) Viewed 19370 times
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Re: Unable to Update Media

Post by wbartels »

I amuse the problem has something to do with some corrupted media files. Netjukebox uses the php getID3() library to parse the media files. This library get the playtime, bitrate, etc. It could be that there is a problem in this library.

netjukebox 6.21 uses getID3() 1.9.12
netjukebox 6.33.13 uses getID3() 1.9.14

In the screenshot from netjukebox 6.21 you see that you have 20 files with errors (in red).
I would first move these files temporary outside the netjukebox media directory and see if this fixes the problem.

Second you can copy the lib/getid3 directory from netjukebox 6.21 somewhere. And install netjukebox 6.33.13 and replace the lib/getid3 directory by the version from netjukebox 6.21.

Please let me know if this helped. I’m also interested in the files with errors. Maybe you can share these somehow with me. Please use a private message for the shared files!

Willem
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Now I reread your post it isn't a problem with getID3() because it is not used on the "Structure" fase.
Maybe you can give me a temporary netjukebox account by private message so that I can debug with tools like HttpFox.

And still you could first move out the error files I suggested in my previous post:
In the screenshot from netjukebox 6.21 you see that you have 20 files with errors (in red).
I would first move these files temporary outside the netjukebox media directory and see if this fixes the problem.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Thanks for the temporary account!

I have found the problem and will soon create a bugfix.
The file structure timed out, it is easy to fix by increase the 60 seconds value to something like 600 in update.php:

Code: Select all

//  +------------------------------------------------------------------------+
//  | File structure JSON                                                    |
//  +------------------------------------------------------------------------+
function fileStructureJson() {
	global $cfg, $db;
	authenticate('access_admin', true);
	ini_set('max_execution_time', 600);

There are other timeouts in the script that are set to 30 seconds.
These don't have to be updated because netjukebox automatically reload to prevent timeout.
See code below:

Code: Select all

if (PHP_SAPI != 'cli' && (time() - $_SERVER['REQUEST_TIME']) >= 25) {
	// Reload to prevent timeout!
	echo safe_json_encode(-1);
	exit();
}
CBrown519
User

Post by CBrown519 »

BINGO! That was it! Thank you so much for looking into this!!!
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

I have released a bugfix in netjukebox 6.33.14