Playing Music Online

General discussion about netjukebox
jazzman0088
User

Playing Music Online

Post by jazzman0088 »

Hi, I am new to netjukebox and am hoping I will be able to configure it to my needs.

Basically, I have my music uploaded on my online server, and I would like others to play and download this music without having to install any software (such as WinAmp). What do I need to do??

Right now, I am able to download the .mp3 files, but when I go to play them, this error pops up:
Can't connect to Winamp httpQ plugin on:
127.0.0.1:4800
PHP error Nr: 111

Thanks!!
jazzman0088
User

Re: Playing Music Online

Post by jazzman0088 »

If anyone can help me out that would be great!!! Is there something I can configure with some sort of flash player, or anything that doesn't require an additional user installation?

Thanks so much!!!
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

For streaming you don't need a special player.
Click on the icon that looks like: )))

By default netjukebox streams from the source file.
If you want to transcode to a lower bitrate change the setting is "config" > "Stream profile"
For transcoding you also need to download the codec pack and set the corresponding directory in the config.inc.php file.
jazzman0088
User

Post by jazzman0088 »

Thanks for the info wbartels. Now, the streaming would have to open in a separate audio program (such as Windows Media Player). I guess I should ask, IS there a way to play/stream the music in netjukebox through an online player (such as flash, or jw).

Thanks!
jeremy
User

Post by jeremy »

Netjukebox doesn't have any built-in players, which has its benefits (streamlined program, uses existing M3U standard, don't need a browser window open to listen to music). If you really want a built-in flash player there are other media streamers that offer this (google Subsonic), but their interfaces (like most Netjukebox alternatives) are more cluttered.
cargilcm
User

Post by cargilcm »

I'm not sure why one would specifically want a strictly flash player anymore when since you're streaming from the mp3 file directly, if you're ok leaving the browser tab open, you could modify the source to create playlists that are streamable in the browser using modern browser technologies. I'm going to tag this and add it to the wishlist and hopefully help implement one day. @wbartels, I Would encourage you to reach me at follybeachris[at]hotmail[dot]com directly so we can work on this. best,c
Last edited by cargilcm on Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

There is no need for a flash player anymore!
Now netjukebox has an embedded HTML 5 Audio player.
In the background there are two HTML 5 Audio players to prevent pauses between (live) tracks.