Question about streaming...

General discussion about netjukebox
bodenzord
User

Question about streaming...

Post by bodenzord »

I just got netjukebox installed and running on a webserver, and I'm now trying to stream mp3 audio files from the server to a client computer over the internet. When I click on the ))) icon to stream the file (or album), my computer prompts me to play it with iTunes. If I say yes, then it downloads a m3u file and plays it in iTunes.

Is there a way to stream the files and play them directly through the browser and not iTunes? Also, I don't want it to download any files that I later have to delete. I can see this getting a bit messy.
bodenzord
User

Re: Question about streaming...

Post by bodenzord »

Hi...any response to my question?
bodenzord
User

Post by bodenzord »

bump?
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

bodenzord wrote:I just got netjukebox installed and running on a webserver, and I'm now trying to stream mp3 audio files from the server to a client computer over the internet. When I click on the ))) icon to stream the file (or album), my computer prompts me to play it with iTunes. If I say yes, then it downloads a m3u file and plays it in iTunes.

Is there a way to stream the files and play them directly through the browser and not iTunes? Also, I don't want it to download any files that I later have to delete. I can see this getting a bit messy.
netjukebox generates static m3u playlists so that it is compatible with the iPod, iPhone and iPad.
On Android you can use for example: ServeStream
With a web browser the m3u playlist can be assassinated with any mp3 streaming capable application like: VLC, Winamp, iTunes, etc...