embedded ID3 artwork in PDFs

jeremy
User

embedded ID3 artwork in PDFs

Post by jeremy »

I'm loving netjukebox and telling all my friends to check it out. However, whenever I go to demo the download cover as PDF feature there is no artwork embedded (though the track list is cool). I don't use winamp anymore, so don't have cd_front.jpg in my folders. I do have folder.jpg created by some other program, but that's pretty low-res. How about netjukebox, if it can't find cd_front.jpg, use the embedded ID3 artwork instead? It's already accessing this for the cover browse view anyway. Possible?

Thanks--
Jeremy
jeremy
User

Re: embedded ID3 artwork in PDFs

Post by jeremy »

After the stellar response to my last request, I'm back with another. :D

How about allowing the user to manually give a URL to cover art that can't be found online with the built-in search?
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

jeremy wrote:After the stellar response to my last request, I'm back with another. :D

How about allowing the user to manually give a URL to cover art that can't be found online with the built-in search?
I have another solution:
Add a button to uploud an image from the client computer.

jeremy
User

Post by jeremy »

Brilliant! I would suggest adding an up arrow or something to the graphic. It took me a few seconds to realize it wasn't a duplicate "no image available" graphic.

And bonus points for featuring the new Lily Allen! I didn't even know that was out.

Cheers--
Jeremy
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

jeremy wrote:I'm loving netjukebox and telling all my friends to check it out. However, whenever I go to demo the download cover as PDF feature there is no artwork embedded (though the track list is cool). I don't use winamp anymore, so don't have cd_front.jpg in my folders. I do have folder.jpg created by some other program, but that's pretty low-res. How about netjukebox, if it can't find cd_front.jpg, use the embedded ID3 artwork instead? It's already accessing this for the cover browse view anyway. Possible?

Thanks--
Jeremy
In the next release netjukebox extract embeded images from ID3 tags.
These images will be used for the PDF cover if the resolution is above a specified treshold ($cfg['image_front_cover_treshold'] ).