Fixed and closed topics
arnold4
User

Login failed

Post by arnold4 »

I receive this message,

Login failed
Unexpected ip, useragent or sign.

every time I to connect via my laptop, connecting via local ip address to server local ip or external ip. Tried connecting thru wireless card to get a different ip address to access my home ip and still same message when trying to login. Can't login via any users including anonymous which works perfectly with any other computer or the server browser. Running Win Xp on both laptop client and desktop server with server running ie8 and laptop running ie7. I tried deleting cookies and the like and still have had no luck. Please help!
arnold4
User

Re: Login failed

Post by arnold4 »

I was curious so I installed google chrome to try logging in with and it worked. Still want to get internet explorer to work if possible.
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

I have tested netjukebox login with Internet Explorer 5.01, 5.5, 6.0 ,7.0 and 8.0
And with all these versions I could login without any problem.

Today I have successfully logged in with Internet Explorer 5.01, 5.5 and 6.0 on the netjukebox live demo.
Can you try out to login on the netjukebox live demo?

Another user had problems with a branaded Internet Explorer version from Yahoo.
Do you use a branded version of Internet Explorer?
arnold4
User

Post by arnold4 »

It is non-branded, cannot login to the live demo, same error.
I was originally connected with the laptop with no problems, but when I started using it on my work computer the laptop could no longer login, I was thinking maybe it had a persistance of user type problem, i.e. couldn't login at same time as it was logged in on another pc but since I have created new logins etc that shouldn't be a problem. I guess I will only use it with chrome since that worked, but it would be nice to figure what the heck is the problem with it, is there a certain file on the server I could delete to make the system return to original settings?
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Strange, the login status is session based and unique for every cookie.
The login also checks if the client IP or user agents changes.
Maybe there lies the problem, can you check if there is something changing when reloading this script?
share/client.php
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

I have updated the test script.
Can you tell me what the user agent length is?
If it is longer than 255 characters then the useragent is not the same as in the database.
In this case the login fails with the exact same error message you described in the first post.

Update:
The upcoming netjukebox 5.12 will allow login with very long useragents.
Please try out the live demo.