Netjukebox on Ubuntu

Linux related discussion about netjukebox
Lordsith77
User

Netjukebox on Ubuntu

Post by Lordsith77 »

I had NetJukebox running perfectly on my WinXP system, but the computer I used for all my files and music, I call my "server" computer. After talking with some friends, they convinced me it would be more beneficial to switch over to a Linux system to run the server from. After trying out a few different ones, I ended on Ubuntu as my system of choice. I liked it, and am getting the hang of doing different things with it. I got a hold of the XAMPP for Linux, and got everything running. NetJukebox is going (took me a bit to configure the folder...that's where I'm having trouble I think)

I have all my music on a 300GB external hard drive, named Portable. So I set the media location as:
/Portable/Music/Complete_CD/

NetJukebox finds my music, and starts to update, but only get's to N then stops (all my music is in folders ie: A, B, C, etc..)
Also, all the audio length is all zeros. Is there something I'm missing? Still getting the hang of Linux, so I'm sure it's something simple, but just not that good with it yet. LOL

Thanks for any and all help.

LS77
Lordsith77
User

Re: Netjukebox on Ubuntu

Post by Lordsith77 »

Still couldn't get it to work, so I said to hell with Linux (even my DVD-burned started making coasters in it) so went back to XP. Everything works great again. Don't know what the big deal about Linux is, I personally now hate it. Nothing works right in it. LOL
emcquaid
User

Post by emcquaid »

Has anyone here been successful with Linux and NJB?

It's been a couple of years since I even touched my NJB server, an old windows 2000 server box. Now I am trying to get it working on ubuntu 10.04. All I get is blank blue pages with the media, favorites, playlist config menus.... It is having trouble running the login function.

In all browsers(IE, FF, GC) I'm getting:
hmacsha1 is not defined
document.loginform is undefined

Any linux gurus know what's up with this?

Help!

Cheers,

Eric
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

emcquaid wrote:Has anyone here been successful with Linux and NJB?

It's been a couple of years since I even touched my NJB server, an old windows 2000 server box. Now I am trying to get it working on ubuntu 10.04. All I get is blank blue pages with the media, favorites, playlist config menus.... It is having trouble running the login function.

In all browsers(IE, FF, GC) I'm getting:
hmacsha1 is not defined
document.loginform is undefined

Any linux gurus know what's up with this?

Help!

Cheers,

Eric
Hello emcquaid,

The current netjukebox version 5.25.3 works very well on a OS-X and should also work on Linux but is untested.
Always use the latest config.inc.php file!

Can you give me a url to your page in a private message?
Than I can see what is going on.

Willem
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

netjukebox 5.16 now works perfectly on Ubuntu 10.04!
wbartels
netjukebox developer

Post by wbartels »

Now I have migrated from Windows to Ubuntu.
With netjukebox 5.29 and up everything should work on Ubuntu.
The only thing I have to test is recording to CDR.